Workaround for test retakes?

Absolutely @jomoskowitz! I have some that are simply cloned and others that are modified slightly or just focus on a specific concept that gives kids trouble, like identifying different types of maps. The modified formatives are definitely taking me some extra time to create but the workload will hopefully pay off next semester!

2 Likes

@kjohnson

Yes, please :slight_smile: and thank you in advance!

1 Like

You are so welcome Kristen and I’d love to see your screencast too :slight_smile:

Thank you. Love this. I have been trying to figure out a way to keep my data. I have many students who have IEPs or accommodations that allow multiple attempts. I have been allowing them to go back to the same Formative but then I lose the data that shows their first, second, third attempt and score. I will definitely be making copies from now on!

2 Likes

Thank you informed member, I was looking to do the same for certain students whom get lower than 75%. Your addition to this posted comment was extremely helpful.

1 Like

Simple and brilliant. Thanks!

1 Like

If I have my formative linked to PowerSchool if I make a copy and students retake it will it make a new column in PowerSchool?

My main goal for Retakes on a summative assessment is to make it easy grading on ME the teacher. : ) I like to be able to see their original work and their “re-try” on the same page/screen. So my solution is for them to minimize their old work in the question, then use the hand to move it to the top left-hand side, then do their retry on that same page. My concern though is that they accidentally erase their original work. I want that evidence for their original grade there and I know some students might mess this up. I wish there was a way to recover it if that happens, but I’m sure that’s way too complicated.