Using Desmos (calculator and/or activities) with Formative

math

Hi! Are there any math teachers who use Desmos within a formative? Trying to think of ways to combine some of the Desmos activities with formative, in addition to just using the graphing calculator feature. (If you are not familiar with the premade Desmos activities, check out teacher.desmos.com for a whole bunch of amazing things to try. You can also create custom Desmos activities.)
Trying to think of ways I might be able to combine the 2 things, and am wondering if anyone else has any ideas!
Thanks,
Michelle
HS math teacher

I’ve only used the Formative graphing tool.
Alg 1:
-Graph the given equation. Now graph another line parallel/perpendicular to that point.

• Give specific data (slope and point on the line, two points, etc). Students type in the equation that satisfies that criteria.

I see you teach Geo. They didn’t have this feature when I taught Geo, but here’s an idea:

• Give three points. Graph these and determine the 4th point needed to create a (specific quad). Find the equation for each side and graph them. (They should connect sets of points.) Students can then be asked to explain how they KNOW their point is correct. They can use slopes to prove parallel/perpendicular lines for each quad.

http://community.goformative.com/thoughts/2017/2/2/embedding-a-graphing-calculator-on-formative
You can try this.

Good idea, Tricia! Thanks!

Thank you for the link!