Use Screencastify to leave feedback for students in a Formative Math Quiz

Here’s how I use Screencastify to leave feedback for my students while grading a quiz in Formative.

7 Likes

Thanks! This would be great all year long. It could even be used to place links to ‘hints’ in the problem directions.

1 Like

I’ve been doing that too lately and thinking about how to work it into my flipped classroom when we return to the physical building. I don’t want kids to rely on it too much. So trying to think about having 2 ‘levels’ of help videos.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. If you use OneNote, this is a possible option too. SoI convert the Formative task to a PDF, save it on One Note, solve the Qs and then share that page with students.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion about OneNote, I don’t know anything about it because we are a Google Suite School. But in this video I haven’t used any other program other than the problem that is already in this Formative and then Screencastify.
I do use Kami for writing on docs, slides, etc. What I like about it is that I don’t have to change the file type (i.e. download it as pdf). I just open the file from my Google Drive with Kami.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve been doing a ton of videos since remote learning and will probably be doing more next year. Love this applciation.

2 Likes

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Writing out explanations for math can be tedious (especially Geometry Honors which contains numerous math symbols). I’ve always thought that just being able to explain the problem could go a lot faster.

2 Likes

I am actually a ELA teacher, but this definitely helps for all teachers. I really appreciate you sharing this and gives me a great idea to share with my other teachers now that we are virtual this year.

1 Like

This is a great idea. I use screencastify to explain how to do the task but this is a game changer. Thank you.