Thank You!

Dear @new_members @informed_members @Certified_Educators and every other teacher out there :formative:

Today is Teacher Appreciation Day and I just wanted to take a moment to write you a note to show my appreciation.

As a former special educator, I worked morning till night to serve my students and try my hardest to give them the education that they deserved. While I wanted to be a truly great teacher, it was only till after joining Formative and meeting teachers like you that I really feel I understood what that meant.

I’ve had the privilege of connecting with many of you and I am constantly in awe of your passion to continuously improve your craft and seek new ideas that you can bring back to your classroom. I think that in any professional setting, it takes courage to break free of the way that things have been done and invest time in new ways of thinking. I think it takes courage because of what’s at stake and the risk that things don’t go as planned. When that happens, it can be, for lack of a better word, “uncomfortable” to self-reflect and to learn from failure without internalizing it. And yet, I see educators every day who are taking risks to do what’s best for their students and learning from their experiences.

On our site, I chat with teachers who are planning on new ways to implement Formative in their classroom and dreaming up new features to help their students excel. In our community, I see teachers reaching out to the world :earth_americas: for advice about how to best serve their students. And every week, teachers gather on #formativechat to learn new ideas for using formative assessment in the classroom. It’s staggering and energizing at the same time.

In addition to taking risks to serve your students, I also admire your passion for collaborating and offering your wisdom to other educators. Thank you for sharing Formative and other great tech tools with your colleagues. Thank you for sharing your ideas, formatives, and experiences. Thank you for answering the call when other educators seek advice and cheering them on from hundreds of miles away.

This is a personal note to convey my appreciation for you all but I know that the rest of our team appreciates you just as much. I hope you all know how awesome we think you are :slight_smile:

Rock on :metal:

David

Your words of appreciation are very much appreciated :slight_smile: @david you continue in your educator role as a model and mentor to us all. Thank you for everything you do for this Formative community every day.

Mariana

Thank you for saying that, Mariana! I really look up to you all as educators and feel so lucky to be able to learn from you.

Just gave Formative a shout out on a Teacher’s First webinar on PLN’s. I still think Formative is the best community on the internet!:heart_eyes:

Thank you for allowing us to provide input on this wonderful educational tool! You have no idea how appreciated I feel to be asked what I think or how changes or proposed changes will impact my classroom! Formative listens, responds and tweaks and I appreciate that and am honored to be a part of this great PCL!

Thank you, @david! We really appreciate all of the time and positive energy that you have invested into making our experiences positive, our ideas acknowledged and thoughtfully considered, and our feedback welcomed. You are a big part of making this program successful and making the learning community effective and wonderful. Thank you for all you do for us!

Thank you! It’s the little things that keep us going!

Thank you, Ashly :slight_smile: If you have the link to it, I encourage to post it in #General-Use ! I am sure others would love to see you present!

Thank you, June! I shared your note with the rest of our team here at HQ and everyone’s happy to hear it!

I was not the presenter this time; I was a participant in the webinar OK2Ask 3 Cool Tools for PLNs. Here is the link to the Padlet we shared our favorite professional learning experiences on.

Thank you so much, David!!! We need people like you! :slight_smile:
Thanks to all the teachers who share in this community every day. Today in class I found that I had much more patience and compassion than I usually do, and that’s because of all the thinking I have been doing since reading a lot of your inspiring posts. It takes a village to take care of our students, and to take care of one another. thank yo David and thank you teachers!

You are so welcome, Daniela :slight_smile: It’s so rewarding to hear you say that. It made my day :raised_hands: Thank you :blush: