Student work disappearing

I have 3 students who say their work disappeared. They can draw on their screens but they cannot see anything. I can see them scribbling! Ideas?

Hi there, can you send a support email to supprot@goformative.com with the URL of the formative, and the emails of some of the students?

In most cases, either the teacher or student is on the wrong formative. You can verify that by comparing the URL when you are on the formative with the URL the student is on (the two ID’s in the URL should match.)

I’m on it! They were cruising along just fine…then disappeared. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I had the same issue this week doing some pre-calculus work.

We saw it occurring on formatives where “show your work” was enabled for every question.

We also saw it happening when students used the \Z or \R commands in a numerical entry style textbox.

While the work was “disappearing” it was saved and visible in the teacher dashboard as they typed and/or drew their responses.

Hi @Beth_Schild. I would love to help you and see what could have happened. Could you send a support email to nicole@goformative.com with the URL of the formative, and the emails of the students so we can look into it further? Also, let me know what device and browser the students are using if you can.

I look forward to hearing from you Beth!

Nicole
Director of Success & Operations

Hi @amanda.phillips! I would love to help you and see what could have happened. Could you send an email to me, nicole@goformative.com with the URL of the formative, and the emails of the students so we can look into it further? Also, let me know what device and browser the students are using if you can.

I look forward to hearing from you Amanda!

Nicole
Director of Success & Operations

Will you post the answer to this question when you find it? I had a similar situation this week, and thought it was a student technology problem. (Consequently I really have no idea which assignment she was doing or the device she was using).

This was a bug in the formula editor we use, MathQuill: http://mathquill.com/. They have since fixed that bug and we’ve updated on our end so this should not be a problem anymore. Here’s the bug report and fix in MathQuill in case anyone is interested: https://github.com/mathquill/mathquill/issues/443

The show your work has been glitchy… students are told they can upload from what is saved in their drive, but that has been disappearing too.