Some Features I Would Like to See

@lara.applegarth
Thanks for following up Lara! I haven’t heard many requests for Short Answer partial credit (auto-scoring). That being said, I can see how this would be really useful and we appreciate the feedback! Also, thanks for explaining how bonus points work in your classroom. Do you give them for all types of assessments? How do they factor into the overall grading breakdown for your class? I’m wondering what you’d ideally like to see if a student gets more points than a formative is worth!

Is there a way to sort / group answers? For example in a multiple choice question sort responses into a b c and d or sort show your work to group similar / different process (instead of just alphabetical). Would be great to show to debate answers, organize learning groups, compare and contrast, and more.

2 Likes

Not yet, but this was on our @Certified_Educators weekly feature vote, last week :slight_smile: We’ll put it back on for the next one!

1 Like

Guess I should read more carefully … excited about potentially to print student progress … know where my next vote will be :wink:

1 Like

It would be AMAZING if the numeric answers could be included in the answer key! My students love seeing the red/green instant feedback dots, but we can’t use it when we are working with symbols and exponents. Typing things like 4x^4+3x^2 in the short answer gets much too messy and puts a focus on typing rather than the math.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Check out this workaround that @michelle.wooten found!

2 Likes

I would like to see a blurring option so I can hide specific questions from students or they have to submit an answer to a question before seeing the next one.

3 Likes

I could see how that would be very useful. Thanks for the feedback! We record every piece we get!

1 Like

I would like to be able to view student responses in full screen. I like to share exemplar responses with my students and right now it is hard to do that.

1 Like

You can currently use the sliding bar to show only one student response on the screen at a time! The GIF linked below shows how this works (the image is blurry when enlarged, but that no longer happens)! It’d be great to hear if this works well for you or if there’s anything we can do to improve upon it!

1 Like

I don’t have access to Google Classroom, so would would love to see an integration of a Remind feature/link/button to send out to students and parents when Formatives are available.

1 Like

This is a great idea that I haven’t heard of yet! We can definitely consider it!

These are great ideas! I think the bigest struggle I have is sharing the Formatives with parents. It would be great if there was a parent view link!

1 Like

Thanks for joining our orientation earlier, Kellie! I like the idea of a parent view link! Would you like parents to see everything that a student can (their formatives, responses, scores, feedback)? Is there anything else you’d want them to be able to see? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be a perfect parent view. I’ve tried to take screenshots and send them to parents, but that is so time consuming!

1 Like

I agree, Lara, partial credit for short answer questions is perfect for math. I already try to predict all the ways students can input an answer to see if they are the right track, but being able to assign different point values to different answers would be awesome! AND if the a specific answer can have an automatic feedback response (from the teacher) that is specific to that answer, that would be amazing!!

As far as bonus points, maybe offer a ‘star’ icon that teachers can select so that the points are not added on, but students know that they really rocked that question and went above and beyond the expectation. Later, the teacher could tally the stars and award bonus points in their grade books.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Tricia! It’s great to hear that you would like to see partial credit auto-scoring for Short Answer questions and also automated feedback based on student responses! I love your suggestion regarding bonus points / extra-credit. We were just discussing this among our @Certified_Educators and whether the bonus points should be factored into the student’s overall score and tracker. It’s great to know that it would be useful for you to award the points separate from the points awarded for the formative and for the purposes of tallying them in a separate system!

4 Likes

Love the idea of this letter! I’ve always struggled with the best way to inform parents of assessments given online. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! We record every piece we get and can definitely consider this.

2 Likes

Love the idea of a way to share work with parents, kind of like how quizziz.com will let you enter the parent email tied to an account…then click a button…and score is sent to the parent email on record.

2 Likes