Set background so it doesn't move

Hello,
Is there a way to add an image or background and fix it so that students are unable to move them? I’d like them to draw on the image.
Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

1 Like

Hi there,

You can definitely add background images to your “Show Your Work” type questions. This help article has a gif that shows the process of adding them: https://help.goformative.com/en/articles/3397096-show-your-work-question.

1 Like

but the students are able to move the background image and it messed up their response

Students can’t move the background image a teacher adds to a drawing. Perhaps they are zooming out, and/or panning the canvas, which makes it seem like they are moving the background image?

They can move a background image if they use the hand/pan button. It doesn’t fix to the background.

1 Like

I see what you mean. There’s no way to prevent this at the moment.

Just a note for any other readers, the background images can never me moved in relation to other elements in the canvas. They exist in a separate layer that can not be edited by students. A student can zoom out and drag the canvas which makes it appear as if they’re moving the background. Panning and zooming is necessary to support many different devices and screen sizes. The final result of the drawing that the teacher sees will include all the content the student has drawn, and the background the teacher has supplied (even if the student panned over so it is out of view)

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

1 Like