Resize images in questions

When I create a show your work question and insert an image I can easily resize that image. I would like to be able to resize images in all situations. For example, when I insert a question into a text box, a categorize question, a multiple choice question or possible answers, etc., the image is often way too small or way to big and I can’t adjust it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @kcusano ! I could definitely see being able to resize images in these other cases…being helpful! If others would like to see this as well, please reply here and show your support!

4 Likes

I’d love that, too! :+1:

2 Likes

Voting this one up, too :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent idea, I know that I would use it!

2 Likes

I’d love that too!

I’m really new to goformative, and I’m getting frustrated at the sizing issues.

I made a multiple choice for math with each choice in math type. The choices were so spread apart vertically that my students see all the choices on the same screen. There was lots of dead white space.

So for a different formative, I made screensnips to avoid this problem, but I had the image size problem. Each picture was gigantic.

3 Likes

PLEASE! It’s necessary!

Hi @kristine_m_rice :wave:

You can resize images that you’ve added to questions (or answer options in Categorize, Multiple Choice etc) by clicking and dragging the right edge of the image.

I hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes very much please

1 Like

I was looking for handles but dragging the edge does help me fill the box, which is necessary to see an image on a phone. It’s too small otherwise.

1 Like

I’m trying to play around with the “Show Your Work” question, and have my students annotating a document. I’m not sure about the image size, and whether students can zoom in and annotate, or if the image is too small to work with. Might there be a better option aside from a “Show Your Work” question? Here’s a link to the Formative I’m dealing with: https://goformative.com/clone/P62RPZ?_rid=u00q00

1 Like

@Eric_Engler seems alright to me. Students can zoom and pan as needed:

You could also consider turning this into a “Enhanced question type” where you upload the image and attach questions to it.

2 Likes

Defintiely. My images seem so small and it is an issue for the students.

YES! PLEASE! So very much needed! For both uploaded images as content and images within the whiteboards. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Yes, resizing would be valueable

1 Like

Yes, please make resizing images possible!