Re-using questions

Is there an easy way to reuse a question from one Formative in another Formative? I was just pondering how time consuming it can be to write good multiple choice questions, but if we could reuse questions easily, then we could start building up topic banks of questions to pull a Formative together from. :thinking:

16 Likes

This is a good idea for a question bank.

5 Likes

ohh…a question bank…that is an exciting thought!

6 Likes

@Pebble_Johnson @kallgood @david A way to incorporate questions would be good. I like how you can do that in Quizizz - copy a question from another one. Especially useful for math questions that require some time to make with equations.
:slight_smile:

I know I can copy one formative to make another but that seems time consuming to work with that.

7 Likes

Unfortunately there is no feature for this just yet but it’s really helpful to know that all of you would love if it were added to Formative. We’ve heard support for this in the past and are definitely considering it!

As part of our Formative Certified Educator program, you’ll get sneak peeks of what we are designing next and in group sessions, we’ll get to dive into the intricacies of how we envision features like this behaving within the context of other ones. We can’t wait to kick this off next week!

9 Likes

A few things made me think of this - re-using slides for my VLS, the question bank function in the Moodle LMS, and the discussion on multiple choice questions on the History - Tudors, Stuarts and Civil War topic.

5 Likes

Ah, I can definitely see how the VLS and your discussion in that topic made you think of this. Also, thanks for letting us know about the Moodle LMS example!

3 Likes

Yes! Plickers has this feature as well and I use it anytime our servers go down as a quick exit ticket at the end of class. Would LOVE a question bank on goformative to use during class!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Katie! We noted it!

1 Like

La idea de un banco de preguntas me parece excelente y además muy necesaria.
Y si además pudiéramos compartir formularios entre diferentes usuarios y así poder incrementar el banco de preguntas…el cielo es el límite

4 Likes

Me parece una excelente alternativa. Uso formularios muy seguido, podría aportar una que otra idea

Saludos

3 Likes

@jtrigoso Thanks! We noted your feedback! I’d also love to hear any other ideas you have as well!

¡Gracias! ¡Notamos sus comentarios! ¡También me encantaría escuchar cualquier otra idea que tengas!

1 Like

A question bank or question copy feature would be very helpful!

3 Likes

Thanks Claire! I noted that you’d like this as well!

1 Like

Yes! Would also like to be able to copy answer choices. For example: giving an assessment about whether a given sentence is an example of a simile, metaphor, personification, etc. I would like to be able to make it multiple choice and copy the answer choice set to the next question instead of retyping the same answer choices to each question.

1 Like

Have you considered duplicating the question? After duplicating it, you can simply tweak it as necessary! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@david That works fine with “normal” questions. However, if you have the questions in an uploaded pdf it won’t work:

2 Likes

I wish it too:-) Even the possibillity to duplicate a question in a formative loke in google forms:

1 Like

@michael.lutz thanks! I’ve noted that you want this.
@florianmaechler Currently you can duplicate a question in a formative as long as it’s not on top of a document. Does this suffice or were you looking for something else on top of this that Google Forms provides?

1 Like

I mean to copy the possible answers in a multiple choice question to another.

1 Like