Pulling from a Bank

What I would love to see is the ability to have students take a “test” but that the questions are pulled randomly from a variety of questions. This is for mastery tests where the test changes every time. So I would create banks of questions on a specific target/objective and then the actual formative would pick say 2 questions out of 20 from bank 1 and then 1 of 6 from bank 2, and 1 of 7 from bank 3. Make sense?

10 Likes

This sounds great! Especially for testing during virtual learning. Not sure how the response page would look.

1 Like

This does sound great but I’m not sure how that would work. I’d love to have it be more randomized.

1 Like

Yes, This idea sounds really great. I totally agree with Tricia, how would the response page look. The concept is a good one though!

2 Likes

Would love to see this feature too!

It might look a little cluttered when looking at the whole class progress, but the response page could have all of the questions pulled and organized by question bank. It could just show student progress based on the question bank, but could be expanded to see all the individual questions from the question bank. In the expanded view it could show some sort of color (maybe black) to indicate that a student was not assigned a problem.

When grading and looking at individual questions, it would only show those students that were assigned a particular question.

Question Bank #1, Q1
Question Bank #1, Q2
Question Bank #1, Q3
Question Bank #2, Q1
Question Bank #2, Q2
Question Bank #2, Q3