Prior Knowledge Check

multi-disciplinary

I have been using goformative for classwork and I’ve used the show your work feature a lot. I’m currently using go formative as a prior knowledge check to know how much reteaching I need for the current lesson.https://goformative.com/clone/CAJAHS

Great idea, @Mariela_Romero! If you it as a homework you’ll get a heads-up. You could even include a question and asking your students where they don’t feel sure or if they have unanswered question. If everybody says no, they should be able to answer your questions :wink:

I use Formative for pre-assessing as well. If you offer one question per standard, you can then sort the students by using the tracker for differentiation. For example, the kiddos that are in the green range on a particular standard get extension activities, the students that are in the yellow range get a set type of lesson, perhaps a Formative that has embedded videos and practice, and the students in the red area get small group, hands on instruction.

This is a great idea!

I like the idea of small groups created from those with a red circle. If it’s a quick fix in class I walk over while they are working on it to quickly correct any misconceptions.

I love this idea! I also love to use the “show your work” section just to make sure the students are actually doing work! I teach math so I also use it when students need to graph images or label parts instead of just having them pick from multiple choice answers. The kids really enjoy actually writing on the screen when we get to use the touchscreen chromebooks at our school!

Great idea! I didn’t think about using the tracker as a tool for differentiating like that. :slight_smile:

We are getting touchscreen Chromebooks for the students next year. Are there any tips or tricks for using those with Formative? Did you find a stylus that worked really well? (When the new student devices come in, I plan to check one out and troubleshoot all the sites and tech I use in class as well as see how they interact with my teacher laptop.)