Prevent Erasing a Document Uploaded to Whiteboard or Draw Feedback

Greetings! Is there a way to lock a document or picture you upload to the background of Whiteboard or Draw Feedback? For example, I’ve been using Whiteboard to go over guided notes worksheets with the class. I upload the pdf to the Whiteboard and then write the answers on top with the scribble tool. However, if I try to erase anything I write, it also erases the document I uploaded to write on! Basically, the way we can upload a pic or document to background of “Show your work” for the students, where they can write/draw on top of it but cannot erase it…is there a way to do that on Whiteboard or Draw Feedback? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey Ryan! Currently there isn’t a way to “lock” an image as a background, I went ahead and added the suggestion on your behalf to our feedback page for the team to consider, I think it would be super useful!! A work around for now might be to use the select tool, to drag it out of the way, or to use the undo button.

3 Likes

Great suggestion for the work around! Thank you!

1 Like

I use the undo option, but it would be great to lock it in. My students will submit a photo with all their work on it and I can’t go back into later to write on it. For instance, they miss the 2nd question and I provide written feedback, then I continue to check in the Formative and they miss #7 but there’s no way for me to go back the photo and write on it. I realize they can show a picture of their work beside each problem, but I give them the option of either way.

I think if you create a “show your work” question and upload the notes page then “preview the formative as a student” you can write on it and erase but the original won’t go away. I do this when showing students how to graph their graphing problems and the graph I inserted doesn’t erase when I do.
This should work if they are taking their own notes in the same Goformative assignment.

2 Likes

This is a great workaround idea! Thanks for the suggestion!