Personal Update & Job Post!

Hey @new_members @informed_members @Certified_Educators

As some of you already know, I am going to have to leave Formative in order to attend coding school at the end of this week. While I am excited for this new adventure, I am also definitely very sad because I love Formative, the team I work with, and being able to collaborate with you all on a daily basis. Helping lead the community has been one of the greatest experiences of my life and I have you all to thank for that.

With that being said, our leadership team here at Formative is currently looking for someone who can step into my role as Head of Community and continue to strengthen our community. If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to check out the job posting here! Our leadership team would love to find someone who has teaching experience and a passion for online collaboration. This may take a while since we understand that many people are occupied till at least summer.

In the meantime, starting on Monday, my teammate @Jill_Nyahay will be taking over my day-to-day responsibilities for the Community Center. So if you have anything that you would normally message me about…please message Jill going forward. My account within the Community Center will become inactive soon because it’s associated with my company email so if you seen anyone replying to my old posts…please feel free to reply to them letting them know and tagging @Jill_Nyahay.

Also, it’s going to take her and my teammates a little time to get adjusted to things, so we appreciate your patience and it would be awesome if you could be proactive about reaching out to her with any feedback you have (ex: if things that were once expected are now missing, if you have any ideas of how we can further improve the community or our Community Center). My teammates are awesome!

Thank you so much for the great memories,

David

Good luck with your new adventures. You have no idea how wonderful it was to have you as my Formative Mentor. I have learned so much from you. Take care!

Thank you, Rachel. I am honored I was able to support you with Formative. I will miss you!

It’s been said numerous times internally, but there’s always room for one more.

It’s been a pleasure having you on the team and seeing your ideas come to life. We’ve got an amazing community of thought leaders to keep the momentum going thanks to you. Looking forward to seeing your journey down this path!

Sorry to see you go, @david! It has been a pleasure working with you, and we all appreciate the help you’ve given us! Good luck in your coding adventures!

Thank you Jenny! I have really enjoyed working with you too! I appreciate the well wishes and hope you all have a great rest of your school year :slight_smile:

You will be missed @david but I wish you well on your newest adventure! It has been great working with you for at least 3 years I think… Things have only gotten better over this time and you were a big part of those improvements.

Best of luck!
Dawn

Thank you Dawn :slight_smile: I am glad to have had a positive impact!

@david So thankful for you and this community and all that you have done to create a welcoming, supportive and engaging PLN for everyone. Appreciate being part of the Formativechat evolution and I will miss you each week, but I am happy for this next phase of your life! Best of luck, please don’t be a stranger to our chat :slight_smile:

Thank you, Rachelle :slight_smile: As I mentioned…I am really proud of what we have accomplished with #formativechat and our consistent collaboration each week for the past 2+ years. I know #formativechat is in good hands with @kevin , the Formative team, and you.

Thank you David for all you have done! I have so enjoyed being a part of the Formative world with you . You have been supportive, creative and honest. Good luck in your coding, you will be missed.

Reading this is bittersweet. I know you’ll put your whole heart and self into everything you do and I hope that you keep inspiring others to do the same…but we’re really going to miss you around here!

Thank you, Ellen! I really appreciate the kind words and well wishes! Take care :slight_smile:

@kevin @Jill_Nyahay thanks team :slight_smile:

Hasta ahora no salgo de mi asombro que te tengas que ir de Formative. Tú has sido mi Mentor en esta gran comunidad. ¡Eres increíble David! Buena suerte en tu nuevo proyecto. Muchas gracias por todo tu apoyo. Un abrazo.
So far I do not leave my astonishment that you have to go from Formative. You have been my Mentor in this great community. You are amazing David! Good luck in your new project. Thank you very much for all your support. Best regards.

Best of luck going forward @david. You will be missed!

Formative Team Update: I just wanted to let everyone know that we’re starting to get some great applicants for the open Head of Community positon. We really hope we can find the best fit as the Community is such an amazing and integral part of Formative and the Formative experience.

With that said, there’s still time to apply if anyone is interested. We’d certainly be honored.

Thank you everyone for being supporive! It means a lot.