Ongoing Self Assessment & Learning Log

multi-disciplinary

Hello, I have been thinking about a way to use formative for students to do some ongoing self assessment. I have created this Formative Clone Code: TVDSGY or https://goformative.com/clone/TVDSGY for students to use to self assess soft skills and academic skills.

It has rubrics built in for the students to use on each skill such as Time Management & Organization, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Communication in Person & Online, Collaboration & Contributions to a Team Dynamic, Curiosity & Risk Taking, Creative Design & Innovation

It also has rubrics for students to self assess academic skills such as; Analyzing Texts, Argumentative Writing & Evidence Based, Informative Writing, Content Vocabulary and Academic Language, Presenting Information in Various Forms and Modalities, Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis. The rubrics I used are from https://catlintucker.com/about/

Let me know what you think or how you would change/improve this formative…
thanks
Geoff

@freymuge This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing!

Wow, this is awesome! Thank you!

I think it is a great idea. I was wondering how you plan to make this ongoing (and it is just a question of logistics), do you plan to assign it once and have the students assess themselves on the same formative several times, or will you assign it several times? Do you envision them assessing themselves on all points every time, or will you specifically ask for a particular skill? Would it make sense to break it up? I ask because I can see my students losing momentum, being forthcoming with the first five or so, and by the time they get to the bottom skills their answers would be less insightful.

Good questions, right now I am planning on a skill or two at a time that would be revisited over the course of a unit. It would be great to have them reflect on all but it is just too much at on time. In teaching them to reflect and self assess I would rather quality over quantity and as they get better they might be able to do more. Since this is new for my students teaching the skill to reflect is important.