Midnight Ride Document Based Questionnaire Formative

https://goformative.com/formatives/5qPikv2JRDceYP9vP

This is a Social Studies American Revolution, Goformative that addresses Midnight Riders “Paul Revere” Document Based Questionnaire.

The night before, I place an Edpuzzle as homework about how the colonial militia responded to the alarm. My catch…is to read Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s poem “Paul Revere’s Ride”. The projector has the poem displayed, but I also place a copy of the poem in Google Classroom.

We then discuss when Longfellow wrote the poem, many of my students have already by 2d semester know to question the “Five W’s”. Who was involved? What happened? When did it take place? Where did it take place? Why did that happen? and yes…I opt for the “H” How did it happen?. Most of my advanced students have designed their own note-taker, but at each block of instruction (normally Era). I place a Google Doc Note-taker template, where they place these questions and also at the end of class write a STEM prompt. Next year, I am also going to write the "We will and I will statement into each template, so students who are absent or have to do distance learning, can follow the learning objective.

The above DBQ is my DBQ requirement that I place into each event that I want to teach. I either use a Formative or a Wizer activity to gauge their understanding. I like Formative better for DBQ analysis as it allows me to develop them at a faster pace and is more user friendly when building them. Additionally, Formative allows me to change them at the time of instruction if something is wrong or I need to make an adjustment (example clarify something on the DBQ or define a vocabulary word).

I plan to experiment merging DOCTEACH and National Archives pdf’s and images into Formative (Stay tuned, I plan to share).

https://goformative.com/formatives/5qPikv2JRDceYP9vP

2 Likes

I would lLOVE to see this formative, but for some reason when I click on the link, it says I need permission? Never seen this before…

1 Like

Sorry that happened. Try this clone code: RANDHA

Also I just published it in the library, maybe you can get it from there, if it doesn’t work. I just started to contribute, so am learning the site. Thanks

Pete

2 Likes

Give me a shout, if it does not work. I am working on a Kahoot game and Eduphoria test for the American Revolution, so will be at my desktop most of the day.

1 Like

Thank you! I love how you combine art and poetry!

2 Likes

Thank you, As I told David, give me time, I have a goal of building Formative activities and then will place them in the library. We have four more weeks of school left here in Texas and after that, I will focus on developing two formative activities per day.

1 Like