Math Collaboration Project

math

Hi Everyone,

@mnunkester and I had the opportunity to work with the new collaboration feature in Formative and we both had an amazing experience working with this new feature! Since we are both math teaching from Pennsylvania, it was awesome to have the opportunity to bounce ideas off each other and work together to create (what we think) is a great Formative activity on Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing.

One of the highlights for me when working on this collaboration project was the ability to add content while another colleague was adding content as well. Working with someone from the other side of the state on a concept that we both teach was a lot of fun! We were able to take our experiences of teaching the same concept and apply them to create an in-class assignment that we both plan on using next year in our classrooms.

Thanks to @david for connecting the two of us together to work on this. The link below is for the Formative we created… check it out if you have some time!

Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing!

This looks great!

I also like how you collaborated with an educator outside of your school. This is something that I have been been wanting to do. I have been the only one teaching Geometry at my school for the past few years and it has been hard to collaborate when I’m the only one teaching the subject.

Be sure to use #MTBoS and #IteachMath on Twitter to find more math teachers!

This opens a world (literally) of possibilities on teacher collaboration. Great job and thanks for sharing.

I like to incorporate music to give students and episodic memory to recall learned information.

Here’s my students favorite each year.
Graph! (WSHS Math Rap Song)

We also did class song on slope

My former students always tell me it helped get them through HS alg.

sorry the link didn’t work!