Is there a way to close an assignment for an individual student?

Is there a way to close an assignment for an individual student? For example, a class had a student and two students, Student X and Student Y, need extra time. The other students have submitted and the setting to “Make Hidden” was chosen. When it comes time for those students to finish their test, only Student X comes to finish. Is there a way to either only re-open the assignment for Student X or a way so that when I re-open the assignment that I can close it for only Student Y so that they can’t access it while Student X is finishing? This is a feature that I have been finding necessary during hybrid learning and I haven’t found a solution yet.

1 Like

If I’m understanding correctly, you could assign to everyone except Student Y. Take a look at this help article, https://help.goformative.com/en/articles/3412228-premium-assign-a-formative-to-individual-students-groups-in-your-class, it has some instructions on how you can assign to individuals. Let me know if that helps you out.

The Formative would’ve already been assigned to the Student Y and they are partially done with it. What I am looking to do is be able to re-open a previously started assignment (that was closed when the class ended since it was a test) but only re-open it for specific students.