Improvement ideas for Formative - wish list

The workaround? :slight_smile: I just tried it out and it seemed to work well!

Would this help/suffice for descriptors:

Practices - We literally call them S&EP 1, 2, 3, etc.

Cross Cutting Concepts

Thanks for the links! There would need to abbreviation system. If we hear it a lot from teachers we can figure out what abbreviations would make sense.

I would love to have the ability to rotate a PDF once it is uploaded!

I would love folders for students too. I think it would be nice for them to review their work for a lesson or unit in one concise place. I like them to review their formatives and re-read my feedback as part of studying for their unit assessments.

Thanks for the feedback, June. We recorded that you’d like it via the topic you had originally started :slight_smile:

would you want to setup the folder system for your students or would you want them to create their own folders and organize them on their own? :slight_smile:

I would want to set the folder system up for them. That way I can refer them to the folder. If they did it themselves it could be really disorganized.

Cleaning up Student Dashboard?

Thanks for additional, we just recorded them!

I agree, I love that too!

Can we make it even better though? It would be cool to click on the “!” and see exactly what was copied and pasted highlighted in their text. @david

I could see how that could be helpful! I’d love to hear if other community members would like to see this as well :slight_smile: Please chime in!

I love the suggestions.

I would add, again, that rotating text should return to GoFormative, allowing us to create diagrams with diagonal text, while also allowing students to label things using diagonal text responses in “show your work.” This site used to have this functionality… and it was arguably the most important feature that kept me from using my network’s Edulastic license.

I have a wish that would be awesome for when I have a substitute. And that would be to have a time for my GoFormative Assessment to turn on and off at a certain time.

Hey @jbradbury, thanks for the feedback! We are strongly considering this and appreciate you giving us context about why it’d be useful for you:

We just recorded your feedback to help prioritize this feature!

I love this idea, but not only for subs. I think that if we could choose a start and end date for each, which could also be changed, that would be beneficial. I like to create formatives early before I teach that topic and it would be nice to have it be shared with the class on the start date.

Thank, Sarah!

I definitely agree this would be beneficial. Anything that can help educators plan in advance and prepare for in-class time with students is awesome!

After working with formative for a few weeks, I have a few things to add to the wishlist:

• I’d like to see students have greater accents to tracking their improvement on standards and topics. It’d be really nice to say “okay, go to your tracking tab and look at standard 8.1.1” and have them reflect on their progress.
  • I’d like to be able to create a topic tag or something like that? Or to see student performance based on the folder that the formative is in. A lot of my standards are really broad, so there’s a bit of nuance lost just looking at the one standard.
  • It’d be nice to have a way for students to interact with text–highlighting text in a text box and getting graded on which parts they highlight or select.
  • I’d like a way to limit students to one response or to close a formative individually.
  • Being able to sort responses based on whether the work has been submitted.

Thanks for everything! I’m loving working with this!

I love the idea of students being ale to see their scores by standard! Many schools are moving toward stands based report cards and my high school will be also in the near future. We already have students tracking test data and the ability to find teacher created stanards based data would be awesome!

This is definitely something we’ve heard in the past and that I think would be awesome!

What if (in the tracker) we showed averages/insight based on the standards, sub-domains, and/or domains that the standards are in?

Thanks, I’ve definitely heard support for this question type in the past!

By default, students can only submit a formative once and it becomes locked. That’s unless you toggle on the “Enable Edits After Final Submission” button. Does that meet your need? If not, can you tell me more about what you’d like to see?

Right now, you can see whether a formative has been submitted because it will have a green check mark next to it on the Totals View. Is this sufficient? Once again, if not, can you tell me more about what you’d like to see?

38%20PM

I think that would work for some sets of standards, but mine doens’t really have those, unfortunately. That’s more of the state’s problem than yours and I can definitely see how this would be somewhat difficult to implement on your end.

I had a few students that were able to restart a formative after submitting even though i had clicked to disable edits after submission. I may have done something a bit wonky, though.

I would like to be able to see the submission status when grading individual questions (like maybe the checkmark next to their name once they’re done?). On something like a quiz or exit ticket, I often put a link to a key or a remediation in a comment, but I don’t want to do it while they’re still working. Flipping back and forth between total page and the question pages is doable, but tedious.