iFrame Generator, How to create a formative in 5 minutes or less

webinar

Good Morning Formative Community! Happy New Year. I am going to be hosting a weekly Tips & Tricks session with Formative Certified Educator co-hosts :smile: We will be walking educators through how to access the most recent updates to Formative, then will be sharing a Tip or Trick to using Formative.

I hope you can join @tbland and myself for our very first session on Wednesday, January 3, 3:00pmPST/6:00pmEST! Message me in the Community Center or email me at nicole@goformative.com if you’d like to join our actual Google Hangout and participate there….alternatively, you can watch the event live or watch it later on YouTube using the following link:http://bit.ly/2CgJw1P.

We look forward to seeing you soon :smile:

This was really helpful, especially the parts about embedding content into a formative using an iframe creator, as well as the tip to change the size of the iframe to fit the content.

I’m glad you found it helpful @Tobi_Nielsen! @tbland showed me a thing or two today too :smile:

Nicole

I want to share this visual that Lindsay Foster created and shared from our presentation today. It is a comprehensive list of the updates we showcased in the webinar…I am most impressed by what she made to showcase the iFrame Generator that @tbland shared with us today :smile: I am so lucky to get to work with such amazing educators!!

Desmos activities within Formative

Also, here is the amazing formative that Taniya build in under 5 minutes today in our webinar: https://goformative.com/clone/JVJUJK :smile: Thanks again @tbland!!

Thanks for that insightful tips and tricks session, @nicole!

I missed your live presentation but just watched it now. Thank goodness I did as incoporating iFrame to broaden article dimensions is a user-friendly and invaluable tool, indeed.

Many, many thanks!

Hi @apeters! Thanks so much for letting me know that the tips and tricks session was helpful :smile: @tbland did an amazing job presenting her formative, and the iFrame tip was such an eye opener for many of us! Thanks again for reaching out…and for watching! If you’re interested in co-hosting at any time, please let me know that too…I know you have some amazing tips and tricks to share :grinning:

Thanks again!

Nicole

I was not aware of the the turn in day and timestamp found on the green checkmark. Thank you!
Until this video I did not give much thought to hyperlinking. I hope to be able to link my class notes from Google Docs to specific math problems to give students a resource to go to if they are struggling. I am excited to watch Part 2 and learn even more!

@Leslie_Brunick I’m so glad you found the Tips & Tricks Pt. 1 session so helpful! Let me know if you want to be a guest to one of the sessions and I will make sure to add you to the calendar link :smile: Also, It is possible to include your Google Docs as hyperlinks. You can hyperlink in a Text Block, or in a question you are typing. Here is an example formative I created for you to see: https://goformative.com/clone/RBJONU. I hope that gives you a better idea of what it can look like!

Thanks again for tuning in!

Nicole

Awesome, @nicole I have a growing list of things that I’d love to present on - partucularly embedding Augmented Reality (AR) as well as both tangible and digital BreakoutEdu scenarios.

I need to start building a wealth of content for this new academic year beginning at the end of January so rest assured, I’ll be in touch as soon as I’ve got going.

Very, very exciting times ahead!

Ant

Just watched your webinar! Awesomeness!

Hope you are keeping warm @tbland

Cheers,
Pebble

Thanks, Pebble! @drjatthehooch
Woke up to -9* with wind chills around -25*! So cold! The heat in my classroom is not working right. I just keep emailing this:
…to my maintenance man!

Hope you found the webinar helpful!
Taniya

@apeters,
Awesome! I can’t wait to get together and plan :smile: And I am really excited about the embedded AR activities! Let me know when you are ready to get started!

Nicole

Thanks so much @drjatthehooch! We had a lot of fun making this webinar, so I’m glad to hear you liked it :smile: Let me know if you are interested in being a co-host or guest on any of the upcoming webinars!

Have a great weekend!

Nicole

Good Evening, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share what you have learned. I really love the generator. It is going to be quite helpful ion creating more formatives for my 7th grade science class.

Thank you so much! This solved the "how i can insert videos/audio files from google drive problem! Thank you for the hyperlink advice!!!

Have a nice day!!!

I loved this webinar. I bookmarked the iframe generator right after watching this. I was using GoFormative as a quick warm-up or exit ticket but now I am going to make my formatives more interactive and use them as lessons with my kids.

I didn’t know about the embedding tool before and I’m now inspired to try it! Hopefully my students will love it as much as I do!

Hi Stefany @Stefany_Scott, I’m sure they will: what would be more exciting than to have an interactive course book with clips, games, quizzes and other fun stuff in it?

Excellent tip with the Iframes, if you are using it a lot then you can also use [HTML5 ] compatible generator that is tweaked for speed (if you have lots of pictures) (https://codegena.com/generator/iframe-code-generator)