Hyperlinking Your Lessons with HyperDocs Virtual Learning Session

I will be presenting a virtual learning session on HyperDocs Part 1 on Friday, Nov. 17th at 12 pacific standard time.

Update: Watch the full webinar below!

10 Likes

Can’t wait! I will be watching it on Saturday morning. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Lisa_Scumpieru YAY! Do you mind if I borrow some of the items from the presentation you shared with me and incorporate them into the presentation I made for adult educators? I will give you credit for your sections.

4 Likes

No, I don’t mind at all! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay! I am so excited to learn more about HyperDocs! Here’s a poster we made to help promote Ashly’s webinar! Anyone can support Ashly by sharing it!

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Presenting Formative

I cannot wait! Only 10 minutes away!

1 Like

Due to technical difficulties, we are rescheduling for Monday at 2 pm CST. Here is the link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJqb0wsdioE

4 Likes

I marked my calendar and can’t wait!

3 Likes

Less than an hour left to go! I gave you a shout out on Facebook today too! Be sure to check it out and like it :slight_smile: See you soon!!

1 Like

I can’t find you on FB, but here is mine if you want to add me! https://www.facebook.com/awinkle1

2 Likes

Awesome! And I posted it to the Formative FB site :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is the link to the hangout https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ytl/ENa4dfTNokoMkV-WHBOrY8BGmeiZm-NYnS0Vo-hVpik=?hl=en_US

Dear Ashly, thanks a lot for sharing. I definitely have to check Edpuzzle, commonlit and quizizz :-).

I liked the possibility to add tasks for fast workers and the hint about writing a future mail to myself on futureme.org. Good idea to have an Hyperdoc version for less confident learners and another for more experienced ones.

Hyperdocs are great for projects!

How do you correct the individual answers of your students? What about giving feedback?
How do you keep up with the changing of external links over the years? Is there a „link checker tool“?

2 Likes

@michael.lutz I use Google Classroom, but once your student has shared his/her HyperDoc with you, you can make comments on their document. You highlight the section, then go to comments in the upper right corner. That is a good question about the changing links, and I don’t have an answer as I just started using HyperDocs this year. I guess the only thing I could recommend is to test out the links each time you use the HyperDoc to make sure they are up-to-date.

For commenting and feedback look for the comments button in the upper right corner of your document.

2 Likes

@msashlylcot Of course :slight_smile:. I use Google Classroom as well and even have an improvement idea for you: Actually, your students don’t have to copy your Hyperdocs anymore: When you create a new task and you add your Hyperdoc file, choose: “make a copy for each student”:

Google then personalizes the document for each student: nameofyourstudent - yourfilename and puts all the files in one folder.

You can access them from there:

I guess the last statement wasn’t new for you, but I was also thinking about others :wink:

Greetings from Switzerland!

5 Likes

@michael.lutz OMG that is awesome! Thank you for sharing that I had no idea you could do that!!!

2 Likes

@msashlylcot You’re welcome. I was on board from the very beginning when Google classroom went into a beta phase (and still am). In the near future I might give a webinar about some features or posting some “administrative simplification” you can do using G Suite for Education. A work colleague of mine and I are reducing administrative stuff with digital tools - we’re quite successful.

4 Likes

@michael.lutz I would love to know more about what you’re doing in this area. Be sure to post a link when you have your Webinar ready to go!

2 Likes

@stacey.vanheerden I definitely will!

1 Like