Hyperdocs, Embedding with Padlet

Happy Monday Formative Community!

I am so grateful for all of the amazing feedback we have received for previous Tips & Tricks sessions. I have certainly had the pleasure of working with amazing educators along the way! With that being said, it’s always so exciting to announce our next Tips & Tricks session :smile:

Please be sure to join Formative Certified Educator Ashly Winkle and me this Wednesday, January 10, 3pm PST/6pm EST as we walk through the latest updates and blow your mind with tips to using Formative in your classroom.

If you want to be a guest on the Google Hangout on Air, send a message to me, Nicole, or an email to nicole@goformative.com.

We can’t wait to see you all there! Remember you can also watch live or later by clicking here.

8 Likes

@msashlylcot, Thank you so much for sharing all your Formatives! Those were amazing. You offered so many good ideas. Now I need to go figure out Padlet and hyperdocs…

Thank you for an enlightening session, @nicole! I meant to say: when I was showing Formative to a color blind colleague this week, he complained about all the red and green on the tracker pages. I can show him how to switch his colors now.

Gratefully,
Claire

5 Likes

@clairesedoyle…thank you so much for joining the call!! How exciting that your colleague will be able to switch his colors on the console! Let me know how that goes :smile: And yes…Thank you so much @msashlylcot!! Your formatives are absolutely amazing and so are your tips & tricks!

Just to recap too…here is the information we shared in the Tips & Tricks session in a Google Doc…and a bit more too!

Let us know what you thought about the session today :smile:

4 Likes

Hey @msashlylcot and @nicole!
I wasn’t able to tune in live today, but can’t wait to watch this later this weekend! Looking forward to great things!
As always, thanks for sharing!
Brent

4 Likes

No problem, Claire, thank you for joining us.

3 Likes

If you go to this link for the Serp Word Generation lessons, you have access to even more teacher resources. http://wordgen.serpmedia.org/teacher.html

3 Likes

@nicole It’s a pity that Ashly’s screen isn’t in the video in full screen. I can’t see her screen. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Thanks @brent.hall! Let us know what you think :smile: We appreciate you tuning in whenever you can!

Nicole

2 Likes

I know @michael.lutz…we had some last minute technical difficulties :disappointed_relieved:. Could you see her formatives being presented on my screen?

Nicole

1 Like

@nicole No, I’m afraid not. Her screen was very small at the right bottom edge.

4 Likes

Hi @nicole and @msashlylcot!

I was finally able to watch your session, and really enjoyed the tips and tricks you highlighted. Even though I had heard about several of them already, it helped to see you walking through them with an actual Formative.

I’m currently in a free trial for premium, so I can’t wait to try setting the default point value, as well as changing the color range for score thresholds. The default point value feature will streamline the process when assigning to groups of students, and the colors for score thresholds will make data analysis even easier. Often I am hesitant to show my students particular data screens because they know which colors mean which groups of students, even in third grade. This feature will really help with that!

Thanks again ladies for taking time to present! This was a valuable learning experience. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @nicole and @msashlylcot

Many thanks for that informative session! I can’t make the live one due to the time difference between you and Cape Town but having your sessions posted in the community is an invaluable asset. Many thanks, indeed!

I also echo what @brent.hall noted in his comment (above) in that it’s very useful to have overlap between the latest developments. There are so many exciting and immensely useful additions made, that it’s very helpful to have regular reminders.

Greatly looking forward to the next instalment!

Ant

4 Likes

Thanks so much for watching @brent.hall! We appreciate all of the feedback :smile:

Nicole

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @apeters! We appreciate you tuning in whenever you are able to! I hope you are able to catch this weeks session with Kelly Barr at some point too!

Thanks again!

Nicole

3 Likes

Hi @nicole

Rest assured, I’ll keep following after the HQ Celebrations to make sure I haven’t missed anything!

Ant

3 Likes

Yeah, what a pitty!!!

3 Likes

I didn’t know, that i can change the colours now and change the point range!

Thanks a lot for the hyperlinks under the youtube Videos!!!

3 Likes

Loving this community and the you-tube videos on tips and tricks! Can’t wait to share these with my co-workers!

3 Likes