How to Create Visually Appealing and Content-Rich Formatives!

multi-disciplinary
webinar

Thank you so much for your virtual learning session. I really enjoyed your explanation of how you implemented Blind Formatives. I loved your ideas of how you captured their interest by using the “Simon the Cat” video and how you developed questions #6 allowing them to express their own independent feedback. I really think it will help me adjust on the whole learning process and how I can improve learning experience. Your Blind Formative will give me another way to assess struggling student understanding and give me a snap shot of depth of understanding.

This made me rethink how I would like to introduce a particular historical event, period of time or individual. I had to re-watch your video, but your ideas made me excited. Now I want do a blind formative on Ben Franklin or John Adams (Adams is a really hard sell to my students). I do a short activity using the Hamilton Broadway play and do an Edpuzzle to draw connection to the American Revolution. Your Blind Formative gave me the idea to retool the activity and make it more of a Blind Formative on Hamilton. Again thank you and I hope you don’t mind, but I am planning to pass on your Google presentation to my English writing and reading teachers. I saved your video and will show it to our team PD meeting. Thanks again for this awesome tutorial.

Thank you @pflynn! I really appreciate your feedback. Blind Formatives are great because it truly engages the readers before they learn. You can do Blind anything - Blind Kahoots, Blind Quizizzes, etc. A Blind Formative is fun to set up and do as well. I would love to see what you come up with! It always gives me ideas too. Have a great rest of the week.

I absolutely love this idea as a way to build curiosity. Will be implementing “blind” assignments for my final units and hope to spend the summer creating more. Thanks for the awesomeness.

That was great! I teach Algebra 1 and I tend to have ‘blind’ bell ringers so we can discuss before I teach the lesson. It gives be a great anchor point and I refer back to it to show how what we did in the bell ringer is the same ‘process’ as what they are learning in math. (Similar to your comment about connotation and how kids realized they were already doing it.) Thanks for sharing!