Google Classroom

Thanks for sharing why this is important to you. We record every piece of feedback we get and use it to consider and prioritize things!

1 Like

@geilers this slipped my mind earlier, but when you import a class from Google Classroom a class code is still generated , which students can use to manually join the class. It appears on the Classes page to the right of the class name.

If you were to have teachers use it to join your class, I would encourage them to create student accounts that do not use their primary email addresses since they’ll most likely want to save these ones for associating with their Formative teacher accounts. You could also consider creating student accounts for them and add them to a class as shown here.

3 Likes

I teach high school algebra. I was wondering if there was a way for the grade from the formative to go right into google classroom when it is done? Other websites have done this (like quizzizz, for example). I am new to formative and am trying it instead of google forms for the simple reason that students can actually submit their own graph or own equation as a answer, which you can’t really do in google forms. All my quizzes had to be multiple choice in google forms. I like that they can show me what they know. But I would like to see the grade appear in Google Classroom for me to return without having to export all the grades, then input by hand all the grades into google classroom, as that just makes more work for me. :confused:

3 Likes

I requested the same thing awhile back. It would be a HUGE time saver!! I mentioned that EdPuzzle ‘posts to Classroom’ AND ‘brings scores back into the Classroom grade book.’ So, I know it’s possible. I’m sure it’s just a matter of coding and/or coordinating with Google to get the right permissions activated when signing in the first time.

1 Like

Wile I would like a more complete integration, perhaps when the student clicks the submit button in a Formative it could also trigger a submit assignment in Google Classroom. That way at least I get the email from Google that someone has completed an assignment.

5 Likes

this will be a huge improvement. thanks