Geometry Proofs-Feedback welcome!

My first couple months with Go Formative have been spent in the Logic and Proof portion of Geometry. I am wondering if any other math teachers have any helpful hints for using it with these parts of the Geometry standards?

Here is an example of a proof formative I created-I would love feedback. Note: examples used from this website, and are not my original creation.

1 Like

This looks great! I really like how you use a combination of the Short answer and Show Your Work question types to see if students can complete the proofs. One other suggestion I have is perhaps to upload a triangle proof to the background of a Show Your Work question, leave out the diagram and have students draw it. I didn’t teach geometry so I am not sure if this would work well, but just thought I’d throw that idea out there :wink: I’d love to see what suggestions other @Math_Educators have for you!

I would use only one show your work for all your questions 1-5.

When students need to construct precisely, ask them to go to https://classpad.net/classpad/use-as-guest and then insert a screen shot into the show your work questions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I gave the original version and see a couple places I could have improved. I will incorporate your suggestions.

Thanks for the lead on ClassPad, that’s one I have never seen before but could be used by students not only in GoFormative but for their own notetaking (we are 1-to-1 iPad and by Geometry I let students take their notes in their own method-some insist on fighting with Docs or something of the like, no matter how many times I say “I wouldn’t suggest…”, “Wouldn’t writing your notes be more beneficial…”.

2 Likes

I would maybe have a word bank for students to use…if this was a very beginning, “still finding their sea legs” with geometric proofs.

1 Like