Formative Certification Program Overview & Application

We are excited to announce that with the release of the Formative Community Center, we are rolling out an official certification program

What does it mean to be Formative certified?

Being Formative certified means that you are an expert with Formative and all the latest features. It also means that you are an effective collaborator in our community. Collaboration is a big part of becoming Formative certified because we believe that in order to most effectively use Formative, one must actively collaborate with other teachers who use Formative. We have thousands of teachers around the world who are finding new ways to drive student growth with Formative and that you can learn from!

How do I become Formative certified?

We currently offer two tiers of certification.

Tier 1: Formative Certified Educator

To become a Formative Certified Educator, you must earn all Level 1 and Level 2 achievement badges in our Community Center. Level 1 badges focus on learning about our community and learning from our growing knowledge base within it. You will earn the title of “Informed Member” after earning all Level 1 badges. Level 2 badges challenge you to start collaborating with other teachers in our community center.

As a Formative Certified Educator, you’ll receive the opportunity to engage with other educators on a deeper level within a private category of the Community Center. Here’s a few of the activities you can look forward to…

• help design features that you want to see
  • weekly polls on which features we should work on next
  • collaborate with other Certified Educators around topics you are interested in (ex: differentiation)

Once you earn all Level 1 and Level 2 badges, you can apply to be a Formative Certified Educator here. We initiate a new cohort of Formative Certified Educators every two months and will follow up with you when we form a new cohort. Your certification will last for the duration of those two months and you can renew it after that.

Please note: The application deadline for being part of our next cohort of Certified Educators has been extended to June 26th, 2018

Tier 2: Formative Certified Lead Educator

The second tier of certification is the Formative Certified Lead Educator tier. To become a Lead Educator, you must earn all Level 3 core badges. The Level 3 core badges center on consistently collaborating with others in the Community Center and taking advantage of all the benefits you unlock as part of becoming a Formative Certified Educator. You must also earn all badges aligned with one of the three focus areas of your choice (social, general use, or specialized application).

As a Formative Certified Lead Educator, you will join a small team of elite educators in our community and will have the opportunity to help lead our entire user base based on what you are passionate about. Your certification will be valid for three months and you can request to serve again after that.

How do I get started if I am new to the community?

You can get started by simply learning about our community center and earning the Level 1 badges. A great topic to read first is the community overview! As you earn achievement badges you will receive notifications in the top right of your account notifying you of what you’ve earned and you can see all the badges you’ve earned via the Achievement Badges page!

Good luck and may the Formative be with you!

Different Kinds of Badges & When They Are Awarded

Hey @admin1 :smiley: How often are checks done for the awarding of badges that aren’t easy to automate?

Hi Kelly! Great question! We update them daily. We are going to create a topic right now, explaining this! We are also strongly considering modifying certain badges so that they can be automated and delivered quicker!

Future suggestions and improvements for goformative

Hola a todos, acabo de ingresar a la comunidad, ÂżcĂłmo puedo hacer para poder avanzar en ella y obtener mis insignias para luego certificarme?

Muchas gracias

Hi Javier!

I am using Google translate to chat with you! To become a Formative Certified Educator, you can earn all the Level 1 and Level 2 badges shown here!

Since many of the badges are manually awarded, we update them badges every night (PST time)! Once you receive a badge, you’ll see a green check appear in top left of your badging page, which you can always access from your sub-menu:

The deadline for applying to be part of first cohort of Certified Educators is December 4th (next week)! We initiate a second cohort in mid January.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions about becoming certified!

Glad to have you hear :slight_smile:

David

¡Estoy usando Google translate para chatear contigo! Para convertirse en Educador Certificado Formativo, puede obtener todas las insignias de Nivel 1 y Nivel 2 [que se muestran aquí] (https://discuss.goformative.com/badges).

Como muchas de las insignias se otorgan manualmente, las actualizamos cada noche (hora PST). Una vez que reciba una insignia, verá una marca de verificación verde en la parte superior izquierda de su página de identificación, a la que siempre puede acceder desde su submenú:

¡La fecha límite para solicitar ser parte de la primera cohorte de Educadores Certificados es el 4 de diciembre (la próxima semana)! Iniciamos una segunda cohorte a mediados de enero.

Por favor, avíseme si tiene más preguntas sobre cómo obtener la certificación.

Me alegra que lo oigas :slight_smile:

David

Hello, I have two accounts, can they also be merged to earn the badges earlier?

Greetings,
Pim

Hi Pim,

We are sending you a private message to assist! If anyone else has similar concerns, please let us know :slight_smile:

I am very excited about working towards Formative Certification. I really like what I am doing so far on my own, but being able to collaborate with others will be even better. Thanks.

I would like to become formative certified

Earn Your Formative Educator Badge!

Awesome! Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Hey @new_members @informed_members ! This is just a reminder that the deadline to join our next cohort of Formative Certified Educators is June 13th, 2018!

If you are interested, you can finish earning all the Level 1 and Level 2 badges. Then, you can simply apply here! It’s going to be a great summer with many awesome opportunities to collaborate with other Certified Educators and our internal team to make the most of your use of Formative!

If June 13th is too soon, you are always welcome to apply to a future cohort!

A post was split to a new topic: Following Up on Post

I have 2 more Level 2 badges…then what is the next step?

Awesome! After you earn those remaining badges, you can then apply via the link in the initial post above. Here it is as well :grinning:

http://bit.ly/2LnlZwS

Check this out, @rpentz
You will love being a part of this innovative community!

A post was split to a new topic: Following Up about badges

If June 13 is too soon, approximately when do you foresee the next cohort starting?

Great question! The next cohort will most likely start in early-mid July! If you end up applying a few days past June 13th, we can still welcome you into that one!

Update: The deadline for our next cohort has been extended to June 26th!

Hi David- In NY we haven’t started our Summer. Is it possible to do the Level 1 and Level 2 Badges and apply to the Certified Educators program late?

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Mike,

Definitely! Depending on when you apply, we’ll either welcome you into the cohort that we most recently initiated or the next one! We just extended the deadline for joining our most recent cohort to June 26th as well!