Embed flashcards?

Hi everyone! I am looking for any sites that will allow me to embed Spanish/English Flashcards into my Formatives. And really any sites that will give me materials in Spanish/English to embed into my Formatives period. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marco

5 Likes

Hey Marco! I love Easy Notecards. You can sign up for an account for free, and start creating and embedding flashcards today. :grinning: Let me know what you think.

Jasper

11 Likes

Hi Jasper!

Thank you so much!! This site is absolutely amazing! I was able to easily login using my Facebook login info, and I have already built my first set of flashcards. You rock! I hope I can pay it forward soon…

Marco :smile:

Jasper,

Thank you so much for sharing this site. I have been searching for useful sites to embed into my formatives. This is definitely one I will be adding to my list!

Thanks again!!

Corrine :grin:

1 Like

Hi Everyone! I am going to give Easy Notecards a try, thanks for the suggestion Jasper- I have used Quizlet for almost 10 years(wow! I am getting old!) I like it because there are many ways to interact with the cards, interactive diagrams, and students can create their own sets and share with the class. The students enjoy it and I like sharing with them that a high school student started the company!:smiley:

7 Likes

Hi @BarryD!!

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I just signed up for a Quizlet account and I appreciate the heads up!! As a high school Spanish 1 teacher, I have to say I love the interactive designs they offer!! How cool that a high school student started the company too! I can’t wait to share some of the flashcards I created with my classes :smile:

Do you have any other sites you like to use to embed into your formatives? I would like my formatives to be as interactive, and visually stimulating as possible.

Thanks again for the info!

Marco

1 Like

Hi @Marco_Drapeau I am happy you like Quizlet so far, they continue adding new features al the time as well to support learning in many ways! My only other big recommendation is Edpuzzle embedding, taking a YouTube video and inserting your own questions, and audio, and you are able to Edit the video as well. I used this for science videos on youtube a lot, it is great to focus students on a section. I converted much of my HW to be more interactive using GoFormative!!! and Edpuzzle- and now their powers combine!:sparkler:

2 Likes

@Marco_Drapeau One More- In Office365, Sway will embed after some iframe doctoring-
I added a space between the first < and iframe so the text will show here>
From this: < iframe width=“760px” height=“500px” src=“https://sway.com/s/EBPLLH9LYbDqFVPW/embed” frameborder=“0” marginheight=“0” marginwidth=“0” max-width=“100%” sandbox=“allow-forms allow-modals allow-orientation-lock allow-popups allow-same-origin allow-scripts” scrolling=“no” style=“border: none; max-width: 100%; max-height: 100vh” allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen />

TO THIS: < iframe width=“760px” height=“500px” src=“https://sway.com/s/EBPLLH9LYbDqFVPW/embed” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen />

2 Likes

@BarryD I’m going to give this a try!! Thank you so much!! I have never used Sway either, so I will have to let you know my thoughts when I get a chance to dive in :grinning:

Thanks again!

Marco

I agree! Quizlet is a fantastic tool for World Languages and the fact that students can create their own materials is amazing. I let my students quiz each other and it’s a great way to help them understand the different importance and different aspects of formative assessment.

I’ve never heard of Sway. How could it be used for World Languages? I teach French :grinning:

2 Likes

@BarryD Sorry! I missed this message yesterday for some reason. I want to let you know that I logged onto Edpuzzle today and created my account. I have been looking for some great sites to embed, and you have given me two amazing resources for my foreign language students. I cannot thank you enough! I can’t wait to dig in this weekend!!

I have also been searching for a way to make learning French culture fun, and interactive!! I think Edpuzzle has a lot to offer in that area for my students :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Marco

1 Like

I’ve also recently come across a google doc add-on called DocuTube. It allows you to run a YouTube video directly in your google doc (as either a pop up or over in the right sidebar). I’ve used this as well as EDpuzzle, Flipgrid and Formative as variations of using video in activities for student work. You do have to have your students install it too, but that’s not much of an issue.

3 Likes

Hey @AndyB…thanks so much for sharing this add-on with me! I feel like I am going to have a lot of great resources to use with my formatives now. I do have a question before I start using it.

Once you create your google doc with the YouTube video, are you able to save it as a document and upload it to formative? This could be a great workaround for a video clip I have been wanting to share. It’s not a YouTube video, so I can’t add it to my formatives.

I appreciate any insight you have :slight_smile: Thanks for your message too!

2 Likes

I haven’t tried saving the doc and uploading it, but I’m not sure that would work, since the video isn’t actually part of the doc, it’s still just a link in the doc.

As far as I know, YouTube is the only way to currently use a video in a formative.

2 Likes

I have embedded Quizlet flashcards into Formatives before. They will allow you to use Spanish and English and allow students to study the cards, test on the cards, and even play games with the given cards. The good news is that students can stay in Formative while they do these activities on Quizlet cards.

5 Likes

Here’s a formative that includes Quizlet cards. https://goformative.com/clone/SDATNH

5 Likes

@Jordan_Cambron…thanks so much for sharing your amazing formative. I love all of the detailed questions, and variety of question types you used! I am definitely going to use this as a guide to create future formatives!! I am excited that I already have a Quilt account based on @BarryD & @Jasper_Hulett’s suggestions too. Now with you sharing your awesome formative, I will be creating and embedding notecards within my formatives in no time! Thanks again!!

2 Likes

I will try this with the new terms for Social Studies. Can’t wait to see the student response.

5 Likes

Glad you like and can see a use for it in your classroom.

4 Likes

I would bring in an EdPuzzle after to quiz them on the flash cards. It’s a great AppSmash and has a quick CFO (Check for Understanding) opportunity.

4 Likes