Earn Your Formative Educator Badge!

This student has another way/avenue to reach out for help.

I use formative responses to give my students instant feed back to their work. Let them know what they did wrong and how to correct their mistakes. My students love the instant feedback while they are working on their lessons.

I use GoFormative to get immediate feedback from students on the current content we are working on in class.

I use it as a check for understanding on homework assignments as well as lessons. The data helps me determine if I need to reteach or if my students are ready to move on.

I love that Formative makes it very simple for me to get student responses across all subjects. I use student responses to quickly gauge student understanding immediately after the lesson. It helps me plan for next steps or pull small groups.

I have been using formative more and more to provide feedback to my students. I find using Formative has made it easier because I can offer specific feedback based on misconceptions. I always enable the feature that allows them to go back and fix their answers based on the feedback I give.

I love using Formative to assess specific content knowledge. When we are doing it in class, I will often check student responses as they are working. If I see a student has read the question wrong, I will immediately go over to check in with the student and give them support to be able to answer the question. Immediate feedback face-to-face is the most powerful for learning.

I use GoFormative for daily bell work. My students go over grammar topics and journal once in awhile. This is so much easier for me than grading binders and having students keep track of their bell work for a whole grading period. There are so many options with GoFormative and I am really loving it!

I use GoFormative to get a instant photograph of my students learning so that I can adjust my instruction accordingly.

I use GoForm as a platform for classroom discussion. Student are allowed opportunities to display strategies and defend solutions. In their discussions I have opportunities to monitor vocab, terminology and procedural sequences.
I have not mastered dropping in pics and displays. Any assistance would be welcome.

Algebra 1/Geometry (Regular and Pre-AP)

It helps me give much quicker student feedback. When I use paper, I sometimes get lazy and distracted that I brush off the grading after looking at the stack. GoFormative eliminates that barrier.

Our teachers love that they can watch the data coming in live. They can quickly analyze question stems for their effectiveness as well as determine remediation groups based on areas of student need.

Student responses using formative are the most influential agents of change in my teaching practice. Their responses dictate everything - whether I can move forward with the same basic pedagogical strategy concoction or whether I need to go back to the drawing board and formula different strategies to address my students’ unique problems. GoFormative gives me the data analytics and student privacy I need to transform good lessons into great lessons!

I am really just beginning my journey with GoFormative, but it is clear that the most powerful pieces of feedback are timely and specific. However, as a classroom teacher, being timely and specific are major challenges! GoFormative enables me to improve my craft in both areas. When students can quickly see their gaps, they are able to change their own course right away. As a teacher, when I see student gaps, I am able to adjust the course of the whole ship. My goal is to be the best teacher I can be for my own students. As an instructional coach, I want to empower my teachers to do the same. GoFormative can be that tool for many of my colleagues who are looking for tools to get timely and specific feedback to their 150+ students.

Great points. Teaching needs to be fluid but purposeful. This tool allows for both.

Enjoying using Formative in the classroom and with professional development with teachers! It helps me to quickly respond to teacher needs as well as students!

I use GoFormative as an exit to ticket to a lesson as well as an assessment at the end of a unit. I love that it can give immediate feedback to my students so they can see what they need help with and even get immediate remediation. I use the results to guide my instruction. I also give follow-up assessments after I have done remediation with students to see if they have made improvement.

I think sharing a tool with Ts is a great way to model how they might be able to implement it with students.

I use Formative responses in a variety of ways to improve student learning. One of my favorite ways to use the responses from Formatives is for flexible grouping. I use my openers to determine whether my collaborative groups for the day should be changed to allow for more insightful class discussions. I also use the responses from my daily closers (exit tickets) to determine how to plan my next steps.

I absolutely love Formative because I am a virtual teacher. This helps me to see who is actually able to do the graphic organizers and other activities in class in real time. It is like I am “walking around” my classroom. I love that I can stop class, have them fill out portions of whatever we are working on ON THEIR OWN and be able to check it. I am requesting that my school pay for this for next school year. Thank-you so much!!