A New Approach to Book Logs

I have used Formative for a while, but was using just the basics. This is my first attempt at adding more to my formative. I wanted to try a different kind of book log that would give my students choice as well as interest them and maybe get them excited about their reading. I would love to hear if anyone has any additional ideas, so I can keep them interested. https://goformative.com/clone/XQWNDD

4 Likes

Wow!! very interesting. I would have never thought of something like this. I love the idea and are willing to try it with my students. I even thought that students without internet or who don’t take home their iPad, can sketchNote on paper for one of your options.:heart:

1 Like

This is awesome, Crystal! I love how you are embedding different apps to give students more ways to share their thinking. I thought another fun prompt would be to ask students to share predictions for what will happen next in their books and to reflect on those predictions from week to week. You could use a Short Answer Question for this.

I thought of this because of @fichtlis 's blind formatives where she asks students to share their predictions based on quotes she shares from an upcoming chapter that they are about to read.

I love this idea too. When students return from school, you could have them take pictures of their sketchnotes and upload them to the Show Your Work question type so they can still be submitted for feedback!

2 Likes

I really like this idea and I think that this will help me a lot with using comics in my classroom. I never thought about using Formative in this way. Thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

I love the idea of the prediction. I will be adding that!

2 Likes

I really love this idea. Tracking reading has always but a challenge and this formative allows student choice in how they share what they are reading.

1 Like